Saturday, October 20, 2007

How to say "I Love You" in Korean?

Recently, I dug my old collection of movies / drama from my hard disk, hoping to watch them again. To my surprise, I only have one korean movie among my collection, which I have watched it for like more than 5 times since last year.

I used to watch lots of Korean movies / dramas when I was in college. Well, you know... when we have nothing to do in the hostel, it is either playing games or watching movies / dramas. My computer at that time cant really play good games (or rather not good enough to play games). So, I opt to watching movies / dramas.

So, I asked my college junior to burn a few Korean movies and drama for me. and I got 3 movies and 1 drama. I just finished one movie - "A Moment to Remember" and the drama - "Coffee Prince" (17 episodes).


A Moment to Remember (2004) Movie Poster

Will write more about the movie and drama in my next posts lah...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question

I've seen many ways of saying I love you like
Saranghae, saranghae yo, sarangmida.

Are they just different ways of saying I love you? If not which one is the right way?

Answer

Saranghae, Saranghaeyo, Saranghabnida, they all have the same meaning, but a slight different feeling from a one who accepts them. For a example, in the first, Saranghae mostly used between two lovers, or parents say to their children. Saranghaeyo is a general form for I love you in Korean. And Saranghabnida is the modest form for I love you. If you are youth, it is advisable that you use the first.

Courtesy of www.allexperts.com

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read about this movie but not watched it before. I believe it is a touching and heart breaking movie.

Recommend another Korean movie to you - 200 Pound Beauty. I loved this movie.

~Carmen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home