Wednesday, February 07, 2007

It's February 2007

Well, many of my friends knew that there is something going to happened in March 2007. Yes, it is indeed a big "Hoo Haa" about a Brand New Me in March 2007 but nothing has been leaked so far.

Many asked me whether I am starting my own business... Must it always me business? I know I am always associated to business whenever I want to start something. Well, it's just me. Im a business minded person. To me, everything has its value, anything can be sold!

I was instill with this mindset since I was in secondary school. I started my very first sale when my father started to ask me whether any of my classmates wanted to buy reference books. Yes, my dad is a book dealer. He once own a bookstore and worked for a few publishers. He has a lot of books, reference books especially, to be sold.

I thought I gave it a try. First thing I took out the book and tell my friends the price, there were orders already! I'm selling the books for like about half the market price! Then I thought I can earn some extra money, so I marked up a little bit for the next title. And the sale when on and on and on...

I was earning my own pocket money when I was 15 years old. I sold books, stamps (First Day Covers) and I even team up with my friend to come up with merchandizes for TITANIC (the show that was so popular during 1998). We had sold more than RM200 worth of merchandizes of the movie such as photos, bookmarks and calendars. We had suppliers custom made the merchandise for us!

From there onwards, I sold stamps and books in my school and I use the money that I earn as my pocket money. I know how hard-earned is those money so I save most of it.

I thought I will stop after graduating from secondary school but I did not... I continued until now... WIll tell you guys more in my next post!

===================================================

Time flies and it is now February 2007. A few days more, it will be Valentine's Day. I had never celebrated Valentine's Day before because I had no reason to celebrate it. This will be my 24th Valentine's Day... alone.

Come to think of it, it is just a few days before Chinese New Year and I am so excited about it now! I can go back and meet my family and friends and I can also relax at home and forget all about work.

Unfortunately, I had to work on the content of my new website that is going to be soft-launch in March 2007. I do hope my sis or mom will bring back their laptops for me to do my work at home.

1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valentine's Day is not only for couples. It's also to show your loved ones (family & friends) how much you cherish them and care for them.

You don't need to be alone on that day. Grab a few single friends and just go out to have fun, as a singles group. It's fun.

There are girl groups who do that too. You may just meet somebody out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home