Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Inconvenient Truth

Go to YouTube and search for the title above and you will get to see the most terrifying movie in the world. It shows how the earth is going to 'die'...

The tag line "Is Earth Betraying Us, or Are We Betraying The Earth...". It talked about Global Warming and how our land will be all covered with water as high as 20 feet in a few years when the ice starts to melt at the poles.

Very much has been said about how to take care of the earth and such, still we are using things like Air Conditioner, Aerosol Sprays and such. Inevitably, the devices are all compulsory in our daily life. Without a fridge, food might get spoilt easily. Without Air Conditioner, we will all be hot till death... so on and so forth.

So how? We can only wait for "The Time" to come...

----------------------------------------------
I talked about my work when I was 16, as a Display Artist. I learnt how to use the pen knife, the artistic way. I also learnt the type of tools and materials used to make structures, built up and such.

I was also working as Display Artist when I was 17, that was after my SPM. I was also the Santa Claus of the shopping complex at that time. It was fun being Santa as I like to see the laughter of children running around trying to get my attention so that I can giveaway the sweets in my bag.
I also get to give away balloons, I pumped those balloons myself (Display Artist's work too)

Then I went to college, so I didnt get to work as long period as before. I had 2 weeks holiday and I went back to work for the last year. In year 2002, I enrolled in my 1st year of bachelors degree course - Network Computing. During my college time, I was very active in extra curricular activities.

I was firstly given a chance to go on stage to perform as dancer with my group of modern dance members. I was also an emcee for the same event that night. Standing in front of thousands of people is really a scary experience for me but I was cool and calm as this is not the first time for me. I do not have stage fright too~!

After that, more and more events asked me to become their emcee because of my talent in cracking jokes as well as the way I talk. I was also the emcee for a bi-lingual event. In total, I have hosted more than 40 big and small events and functions in my 3 years of college life.

I have also discover a talent of myself - Come up with new and original jokes during conversation. I have 'managed' to crack jokes during a Gathering Night until one of the participants threw up as he was laughing so hard at my jokes...

I do not wish to waste my talent and skill of public appearance. I do hope I can host events again to entertain people.

2 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo..i like your website much..it's nice n clean

it's really been long we last kept in touch..hope our gap isn't widening..haha..if not the coming CNY everyone will kinda weird talking to each other in Jiang laoshi de jia.. :-)

miss u bro..miss u all friends..update me if u want..at www.jasonlim.name, drop me a msg k? :)

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes you do things so that you can go to the next level. That thing you do may not be remotely related to what you want in life. It's called the stepping stone. Get your network right and you will be well on your way to harvest from the inborn talent you have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home