Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Is the world coming to an end?

Type that in Google and you will find many answers, articles as well as forums that are discussing this topic.

It is scary enough to be the one readinig about all these in the news every morning. One day there will be floods, then the other day there will be earthquake, so on and so forth.

I am not sure how many earthquakes had happened these few months but it has been disturbing my thought wondering how long do we have left to live!

I recently had a deep thought of what I want to do and what I am doing now. It's all because of the movie "Click" that made me think deep enough of my future as well as my present. In another words, what I want to do in short term and long term.

The thing about having my own business has always been in my mind since I started my first sale back in secondary school. I started selling face mask at school the time when haze struck Malaysia (1997). Then I started to sell things like photos, custom made calendars with images from the movie Titanic (1998). The time I learn to get profit without having to invest on any capital. Along then I started by "Reference Books Sales" as my father has lots of sample books for me to sell at schoool, to offset my pocket money.

I earn my own pocket money when I was about 16 years old. Spending the money that I earn is even better than spending money from my parents. I felt the satisfaction and I feel proud of myself. I worked for my uncle in his book store back when I was 10 years old. There, I learn how to talk to customers, I learn how to NOT give discounts and most importantly, I learn how to speak English!

It was time to "leave" my uncle and I decided to work with a management company at the age of 16. I worked as a Display Artist in Meda Inc. I am in charged of decorating the shopping complex according to themes and festive seasons. I also learn office politics and I learnt how to interact with people from other races.

I guess I should stop here now and I shall write more about my "working experience" in my next post.

Till then, may all of you cherish every moment and do what you want to do fast...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home