Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cooking Again~

Well, for those who know me... well enough... I love cooking~!

I decided to make Chicken Rice & a pot of wholesome soup for lunch and hopefully there are some left for dinner.

I went to buy...

- 1 Whole Chicken
- Ginger
- Onions
- Shallots
- Garlic
- Cucumber
- Potatoes
- Lime
- Spring Onion

So I start by peeling the potatoes, onions and shallots, cleaning the spring onions, skin the chicken, cut the chicken into nice pieces. I also prepared the spices and made chili sauce.

The soup turned out superb but the chicken rice was quite, a disaster. It was my first time cooking with a stainless steel pot and I am not used to it. So, the rice was not cooked properly and end up I decided to make it into porridge. Then some of the rice at the bottom got burned. Oh My God~!

But I take it as an experience now that I know cooking with a stainless steel pot is a BAD BAD idea.

Oh by the way, for those who are wondering, I didn't eat the chicken.

Here are some pictures.


The ingredients



10 nice pieces of chicken



a boiling pot of soup



nice potato soup with spring onions


1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger irene said...

Andrew, you make me hungry!! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home