Saturday, June 02, 2007

Back in Business (Feel like...)

I'm listening to Sun Yanzi's song while writing this post!

Went for a vocal performance last Sunday. It was my friend's premiere concert. He is now in a choir called La Voce. He was my a cappella group leader when I was in college. Now, our group has separated as most of us are working and we stay far apart.

I used to lead a group too. That was when I am still working in INTI College Malaysia. It was hard but fun as most of them are very dedicated and talented! So, it was kinda easy for me to bring the group up. We went for competitions and many performances too! Preparing for competition and performance (training la so call...) really make us feel like a family as in a cappella, everyone plays an important part and everyone is depending on each other. That's why!

Now that I had left my college for almost 10 months, I felt that I need to do something... So I started a singing session at my office. At the moment, I have 3 'students' and they are very talented in their own way. It's kinda hard to form another group of a cappella performers but I managed to guide them to sing the song "Dona Nobis Pacem". It is a very basic song that my group has to learn last time. It's kinda like elimentary song.

I was being called to be one of the judges of a singing competition organized by the students of my college but after deep consideration, I had to decline their offer because of tight schedule. Now, they want me to go back and give vocal training to the finalist of the competition. I'm still considering...

That really urged me to start a group all over again. Unfortunately, my bunch of dedicated students are going to graduate. No one will help me if I were to go back to my college and start a new group. My old team over here in Klang Valley are all busy with work and personal commitment. Sigh, that is something really disappointing although my group leader wanted to revive the group...

How? Feeling like going back in business but I have no "capital"...



My group and I in a talentime competition


My old a cappella group (except the one with tie)

2 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger på9ån said...

ooi! I'm one of your GOOD students ok!!! hahhaahah

 
At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe your dedicatd & talented students can help you with forming another group one of these days :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home