Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Heart is not a Plaything

Someone that I wanted to "date" hint me with this sentence - "A Heart is not A Plaything"

I found out that a poem with almost the same title and meaning existed quite some time ago... Here is how it goes.


===============================
PLAY THING

A heart is not a play thing
A heart is not a toy
But if you want it broken
Just give it to a boy.
Boys like to play with things
To see what makes them run
But when it comes to kissing
They do it just for fun
Boys never give their hearts away
They play us for a fool
But when we give our hearts to them
They try and play it cool
You'll wonder where he is at night
You'll wonder if he is true
One day you'll be happy
And the next day you'll be blue
Then it starts to happen
You'll worry day and night
You see my friend you're losing him
It never turns out right
Love is fine but hurts so much
The price you pay is high
If you could choose between life and death
I think I'd rather die
So when I say don't fall in love
You'll hurt before its through
You see my friend I ought to know
I fell in love with you
My heart is yours forever love
I hope you'll understand
But I thought when I gave you my heart
I gave it to a MAN.

Author Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home