Thursday, April 02, 2009

Another 45 days later...

Today is the 45th Day after my last posting...

I left my job at Jaya One... My last day was 23 Feb 2009.

I sent my laptop for repair as the display was disrupted randomly and it affects my productivity when it comes to work. It took HP 2 days to settle my problem and guess what? They changed a new system board (laymen term = motherboard) for me! The problem is 99% solved because after the repair, the problem came back ONCE. Their customer service is good in the sense that they still follow up with you on how's the progress and the condition of the laptop. I guess this is what MNCs suppose to keep up ya?

I joined BUSS for full time after I left Jaya One. I left without much savings in my bank account but that doesnt stop me from achieving what I wanted.

I always wanted to be a "paid emcee" since college time. My days in an event management company made me even want to be one as I know how much "paid emcee" are being paid. So, here and there, I got some emcee jobs. Good money but not stable. How good is good? Well, I can survive without any extra income if I have 2-3 emcee jobs a month. Each job has to range from RM600 - RM1200. Emcee jobs are well paid but bear in mind that not all emcee has jobs every month, especially in this time of economic. A&P are slow, events are slow and thus, emcee jobs also slow.

Emcee charges based on duration, location and also the occasion. Some emcees are paid RM400 - RM500 an hour! However, those are professional emcees that does only emcee work for a living. As for me, I am lucky enough to charge RM150 - RM200 per hour as I am a freelance emcee.

Many said I have nice voice. In one of the roadshow that I hosted, one of the passer by asked me why my voice sounded better compared to the other one (who is also talking using a mic). I humbly said that it is because of the microphone. The passer by laughed at me and ask me not to be so humble. I just smiled.

Well, at the moment I am still ok, still surviving.

Signing off now. I will tell you a little bit more about BUSS in my next post. Hopefully, not another 45 days later. (^_^)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home