Saturday, December 13, 2008

I Am Back - Let's talk about Work

Well, you can expect the longest blog post I have ever typed here since it has been 4 months since I last posted.

I shall split it into several categories so I can also recall what had happened.

This post is about my Work.

Work was fun and exciting as ever. My last post was about my supervisor being away for 1 month. I really thought that was a test given to me to see whether I can cope with my new work, with minimum supervision or not. Mind you, other than my supervisor, I have also 2 bosses to report to.

It was challenging cos I am still new in the company but rather, I picked up quite fast. I guess it is because of the decision making empowerment given to me. I can make decision on the spot but of course I have to think of the company's benefit and how much damage it will cause. But I guess it was OK since I have been in events before. It makes my logical sense stronger, what can be done, what cant; what will happen if A happens and such.

I passed my probation period after 3 months and I am now a confirm permanent staff. We had a new staff joined us but left us soon after a few weeks.

It was a fun experience for me especially when I am being assigned to take charge of the Breast Cancer Campaign that ran for 2 months. Since then, I was at work 7 days a week for consecutive 4 weeks. I didnt really get to enjoy my personal life but it was fun doing the things that I like, although it is consider as work and it took up my weekends.

I played music and became the DJ for those weekends. It has been long since I did broadcasting back in college. It was fun when people like to listen to you and the music that you played. The kind of satisfaction is so different. It is like being a chef, people like what you cooked for them and the compliment that they gave is not through words, but through their facial expression.

Now? I have another partner-in-crime... my new colleague la. Also in charge of events. For the past few weeks, especially in November, we had events like Malaysian Rally Championship, Most Natural Face Search, Halo Let's Eat Music Festival and many more.

I must say it is really exciting to be working in such environment. You are like the most well known people when you walk around. Security guards will greet you, staff from the F&B outlets will smile at you, the janitor will also smile at you. Best of all, the owners of the F&B outlets will sometimes ask you to join them for a drink, non alcoholic of course.

That is basically for 2008 . God knows what will happen in 2009. Of course, I hope for the best for the years to come. Best for me, best for the company, best for everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home