Saturday, December 22, 2007

La Voce Xmas Dinner Concert '07 Pt. 2

I have mentioned the Christmas Dinner Concert in my previous posts.

Let me tell you guys what role I played in the Concert:

- Master of Ceremony
- Singer
- Creative Director (I am in charge of the stage and floor decoration)

Well, initially I was only the singer. Then, my friend (who happened to be the Choir Leader) asked me to be the Emcee for the night and I agreed. Then he made me the Creative Director without me knowing it. He announced it in front of all choir members and I was shocked!

So, I took up the job and responsibilities. I was lucky to have a few friends (who are also the singers for the concert) that are willing to help me without complaining and we finally finished the task on time, and we still have time for rehearsal and shower.

The concert went very well. The response was overwhelming and we had to add extra tables to accommodate the extra walk-ins. We had about 2oo over people. The dinner set was great too. Here is the menu (I try to recall the name of the dishes):

- Appetizer, Sliced Chicken with Lettuce, Pasta and Dressing
- Soup, Mushroom Soup with bread and butter (this is nice!)
- Main, Roasted Turkey with Tuna Sauce and Raspberry Sauce
- Dessert, Christmas Pudding

It is a simple meal but the concert was also worth attending because of the singing performance. I was involved in 8 songs... There are:

Pop Acappella
- Rockin' Robin
- Goodnight Sweetheart
- Stand By Me (I'm da solo~)
- In Still of The Night
- So Much In Love
- The Longest Time (I'm da solo too~)

Choir
- A Winter's Tale
- Let It Snow

My emcee partner was very helpful too. She knows that I am busy with my decoration work so she prepared the script and I just copy and modify. She even shadowed me in many parts as I need to perform.

The concert ended in a very joyous environment accompanied by the song "Jingle Bells". Everyone was so excited and happy~!

I was happy too. It is fun to perform in front of everyone again especially when I need to perform a new number... I was also delighted to know many new friends.

I sent my friend back and reach home at about 1.30am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home