Saturday, September 01, 2007

It's September !

So, we have come to the month of September, the month where I always waiting for. Yes, some of you might know what is the reason - It's the month when I was born.

Hmmm... Many things happened during last few Septembers; some are sweet, some are rather, bitter. All in all, they were enjoyable and memorable!

This year is rather special then the other Septembers. This September marks the 2nd year of me, working in Klang Valley. I have never thought that I would 'survive' this long. Despite the uncertain working hours and crazy requirements to abide, I managed to learn more than what I expected. I know more people whom some has changed my life, the way I think, the way I see things and the how to react / respond to it.

This September will be my 24th anniversary. Sometimes, when I think back, I really have a lot of things that are "not accomplished". It might be that I didnt really grab the chances or I didnt have any opportunities to make it happen.

Come to think of it, I might be letting things go on for granted. Like believing in the concept of "Let It Be" or "It's meant to be like that". I think that is really bad and still I am doing it sometimes.

It is not that I do not believe in "making things work" or "change your destiny". I have manage to make things work the way I want, the way it is possibly done when others think that it is not and also I have successfully create surprises that has changed how others think about me.

I have a friend that strongly believes in "Destiny". She (Yes, she is a female) constantly reminded me about believing in destiny. She always say things like "It is destiny if bla bla bla does not happen or happen", "I have gone through many things and that made me believe in destiny".

No offence, but I think believing in destiny has somehow, became an excuse for us not to do certain things that can change the outcome of certain incident. It is also an excuse for us to do things that some people might think it is ridiculous.

For me, I strongly trust that I can change my "destiny". For instance, I was never really popular until I decided to grab the chance to go on stage as Master of Ceremony for a college event. If I were to reject my friend's offer at that time, I would never be seen or heard in public.
It is true. I was never seen or being noticed. After I hosted the event, I became an instant celebrity, an overnight celebrity ('cos the event was held at night). Many event organizers looked for me and I was filled with lots of offers from events, large and small scales.

I was delighted and I enjoyed the fame. People see me as an icon in public. People start to talk about me (bad or good) and more people that I dont know, know me!

But everything has to come to an end. I was no longer involved as there are many new people and the events need some new faces. So, after more than 40 (big and small) events, I somehow "retired" and became the veteran. Haha... I was considered a veteran when I was only 20.

So, DESTINY... Do you still believe in it? or, Can you change it?

I hope this September will be a good one! Peace~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home